Sitting at the office desk from 8 to 6, to be honest well, it’s not very healthy for you. Not everyone has a walker in their office. [Actually, some do but well that’s not the point].
So, here are 10 exercises you can do at your office to improve blood circulation, relieve stress and all those scientific stuff you don’t want me to get into.
- The first and the very basic would be – sit upright, place your hands on your thighs and breathe heavily – inhale – exhale. Do it with me right now – inhale – exhale – inhale – exhale and we are done, pretty easy wasn’t it?
Let’s move to your head – you can do this in whichever order you like.
- Neck rolls – look towards your left then towards your right as simple as that, look up towards the roof of your office then down towards the floor. Apply a little pressure to your neck every time you do it and you have mastered a yoga technique. Congratulations!
- Feet lift 1 – while seated on your chair lift your heels up so that only the balls of your feet touch the ground, keep it lifted for 5 seconds and repeat 10 times.
- Feet lift 2 – now, the other way round – lift the feet so only the heels touch the ground, and keep it lifted for 5 seconds and repeat.
- Leg raise – lift one of your leg up under the desk in front of you, rotate your ankle clockwise for 15 seconds. Then as you might’ve guessed already, rotate counter-clockwise. Do the same with the other leg
- Elbow pull – with one hand grasp the elbow of the other hand above your head and gently pull it to one side.
- Shoulder pull – place your right hand straight towards the left shoulder hold it with the left hand and apply gentle pressure. Do it with the other as well.
- Half forward bend – inhale while raising your arms above your head, exhale and move your arms forward out in front of you at a 45 degree angle, breathe gently. Press your interlocked hand towards the ground, a firm press – stretch until you feel your back muscles relaxed.
- Shoulder opening – well you have to get up for the last two you couch potato. Roll your shoulders behind your back and interlock your hands. Keeping your back straight.
- Last, and the best of all – take a stroll. Walk around in the office, go to your friends table and have a chat.
So, these are a bunch of exercises you can perform at your office desk to get out of the commercial environment and feel a bit relaxed. Include these exercises in your office schedule. Also, make sure nobody’s watching you or it might get a bit awkward.